Thursday, August 12, 2010

Made It.....


Hi All,

After a long flight we finally made it to London yesterday morning =)

A stopover in Brunei and another in Dubai resulted in over 20 hours on a plane/in transit and that is plenty for me for now! Thankfully I won't be flying again until my return trip home!


The first day I hit the ground running, after getting off the plane at 0630hrs I caught the Underground to Kings Cross where I'm staying while in London. Despite having not rested while on the plane I managed to power on and make the first day count.

Bronwyn and I in London (Picadilly Circus)


Picadilly Circus Fountain (Feat. Statue of Anteros)

 Firstly I organised to meet up with Bronwyn at St. Pancras/Kings Cross Station before we made our way to Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square and then across to Southbank (near the London Eye) for a pint, a meal and a catch up. Got some great photos along the way! What a legendary way to start the trip =)

Trafalgar Sq. Fountain


On the footbridge to Southbank (London Eye far left, Big Ben far right)
After lunch we made our way to St Pauls Cathedral (where Princess Diana and Prince Charles got married). It's a beautiful Church, hell of a climb to the top though, Bronny and I were buggered by the time we got up there.  But it was defiinitely worth it for the views and the beautiful artwork inside.

St Pauls Cathedral


Inside the dome of St Pauls



No comments:

Post a Comment